Are you an adventurer, a hustling (or aspiring) entrepreneur, someone who wants to change the world? Are you dedicated to personal growth and entrepreneurial learning, and want to connect with other changemakers for an exciting and challenging tropical getaway where we’ll make some personal transformation and have shitloads of fun?
As I’m hitting a milestone 30th birthday… I want to collect a group of inspiring, ambitious heroes together in an exotic place for a week of learning, connecting, adventure, fun, and transformative growth.
This will be an escape from the norm, far away from “normal life” on a beautiful beach, and it will be an opportunity to relax and recharge. But it will also be a time for focused concentration on developing our businesses, and on our physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Come join us for a spectacular 7-day retreat in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, where you will have all your needs attended to so you can focus on the most important things in your life, developing yourself and your business, while sharing the experience surrounded by others who are doing the same.
“…I’m proud to announce my startup has just raised money to help us build out our team and grow plug.dj to a global audience! I can’t thank you enough Cody for hosting the event that enabled those VC intros!”
—Jason Grunstra, whose startup recently raised $1.25 million
Discover the Beauty of Costa Rica
We are working hard to bring together a fantastic group of people and provide an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Suffice it to say, this will not disappoint, and I promise there will be many additional surprises along the way, but here are the high-level details:
- An intensive 7-day program with like-minded peers, direct access every day to myself and Amber Zuckswert, and expert guests from our network. Great for new lifestyle entrepreneurs or existing business owners who really want to kick it up a notch.
- Every day will be filled with co-working together on our projects, breaking down your business ideas with panels and MasterMind groups, workshops, daily Vinyasa yoga / Pilates classes available, daily guided meditation, presentations and documentaries / movie nights.
- Forge deep new friendships through relaxing time at the beach, around the pool, a trip to the stunning National Park right next door, jungle hikes, a visit to the nearby waterfalls, paddle boarding / surfing trip, salsa dance classes, and of course a little bit of partying!
- Including 7 days of accommodation in a beautiful ocean view hotel + 7 days of healthy fresh organic raw breakfasts and lunches prepared for you…
- Plus use of the facilities at the Center for Epic Living all day every day for hi-speed wifi, daily classes, workshops, etc.
- 1-on-1 time with Amber and myself, to focus on both your business and your wellbeing.
- Complimentary access to my Digital Nomad Academy training, expert calls, and private forums (lifetime free membership—worth over $1,500)
- Membership in a private, ongoing high-level MasterMind after the event for 3 months…
The setting for this week of transformation?
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, where we will gather in a beautiful boutique hotel just minutes from the beach.
You will also have daily access to the gorgeous Center for Epic Living within walking distance, where we will host many of our events, delicious, healthy raw organic lunches every day, and reliable fast internet.
The impressive studio space sits atop a lush beach side jungle mountain, nestled amongst the leading resorts and hotels, with sweeping panoramic ocean views of Manuel Antonio beach.
Manuel Antonio boasts the most bio-diverse national park in the country, where one can sit amongst the squirrel monkeys and sloths within minutes. It’s ranked in the top three most-visited places in all of Costa Rica, drawing over 300,000 worldwide visitors each year. Gorgeous beaches, endless coconuts, five star amenities, friendly chilled-out locals and only a short 2-hour drive from San Jose attracts people again and again to this gem on the Central Pacific Coast.
We’ll take a trip to the beautiful national park next door, nearby hikes through the jungles and beaches, a trip to the hidden nearby waterfalls, some of the best surfing and paddle-boarding nearby, and even private yoga, pilates, health and nutrition coaching, and massage available.
Your tuition will cost $1,750 USD and you will have to travel to a beautiful tropical beach in Costa Rica for 7 days of adventure, networking and co-working, presentations and workshops, and reinventing ourselves.
The dates of the in-person activities and training will be Sunday, April 6 – Saturday, April 12, 2014. (I’ll send you much more detailed information if you reserve a spot).
Includes a non-refundable $500 deposit due to hold your place.
Are You Excited By the Idea of Spending 7 Days in Tropical Paradise, Working Hard, Partying Hard, and Relaxing with Other High Performers?
If so, then this is for you! …and this will be a fun and constructive week and a half of business building, personal growth and reinvention, and a tremendous amount of fun and adventure, which will also lead to new connections, new friends, mentors, partners, etc.
However, you must:
- be willing to offer your help, advice, and honest feedback to your peers.
- openly share about your ideas or what you’re working on, and be willing to take (and actively seek out) challenges or constructive criticism of your ideas, so we can make them BETTER and ensure you are on the right path, not the wrong one…
- be able to fly out and join us for 7 days in Costa Rica.
So here’s a quick test:
Are you the type of ally we’re looking for??
- Are you ambitious and determined to reach your goals?
- Are you ready to take action and execute?
- Are you willing to make tough decisions and invest in moving your business (and yourself) forward?
- Are you going to actively seek out critical feedback that will help you succeed?
- Are you adventurous and able to deal with the occasional hiccup or setback?
- Are you prepared NOT to let excuses like “I don’t have the time for that” or “I can’t afford that” stop you from getting what you want, and ready to take responsibility to find solutions??
How We’ll Spend Our Days in Paradise
You will fly in to San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica, and travel to an exotic paradise in Manuel Antonio, a stunningly beautiful beach the kind you always imagined…
For your stay in Manuel Antonio, you will have your own private room at the ocean-view Mango Moon Boutique Hotel for 7 nights, included in the price of your tuition, where all your needs will be taken care of for you by the wonderful staff…
We’ll gather there together for social time every day, and we’ll start off the week with a fun day around the pool and sunset cocktails getting to know one another and get ready to spend the week focusing on our businesses and our health together…
Here’s what your days could look like:
- 2 great meals prepared for you every day made with the freshest healthy local ingredients (vegan and vegetarian friendly)
- Work for the morning from the comfort of our boutique hotel overlooking the ocean, around the pool, or at the nearby Center for Epic Living
- Take advantage of daily yoga and meditation classes at the Center or enjoy some free time to relax on the beach or explore the nearby wildlife
- Green shakes, bulletproof coffee, and healthy snacks provided daily at the Center
- We’ll host daily presentations, workshops, and MasterMinding sessions each afternoon to focus on particular action steps essential for growing your business — from things like mindset, marketing strategy, workshops on WordPress or email series, website reviews and business idea breakdowns, and so on — including a few special guests!
- You can meet and work with Cody and Amber each day, with our expert guests, and with your peers on executing on the day’s lessons
- In the evenings, have free time to explore and get dinner wherever you want, or return to the hotel and enjoy wonderful conversation together as we watch the sunset
- You can choose to go out and enjoy some of the local nightlife and salsa dancing a short walk away or join us for a documentary nights which will be sure to lead into some enlightening conversation
- Get a great night’s rest and be ready to do it all over again with us in the morning.
Since we’re keeping this a smaller, more intimate group, the schedule will be flexible. If you want to practice some yoga outside near the pool or go for a run on the beach in the morning, or have an afternoon siesta or a quick dip in the ocean, no worries. As we get close to April, you’ll receive a more detailed schedule of events.
Whether you are early in the game or an experienced, successful business owner, getting 15 or 20 entrepreneurs together in one room ensures some magic will happen, and it can easily lead to making some significant steps forward for all of our businesses.
We’ll also have plenty of adventursome excursions and fun activities to boot:
- a trip to explore the Manuel Antonio National Park right next door with its monkeys, sloths, and other wildlife
- an organized paddle boarding or surf lesson trip
- jungle hikes and a trip to the beautiful nearby waterfalls
- daily Vinyasa Yoga / Pilates classes, or guided meditation
- salsa dance workshop led by a local instructor
- nutrition & detox class if your’e interested
- a dance party hopefully with a local live band one night!
Work, Adventure, and Learn With Experts and Peers
Here are just a few of the folks you’ll get to consult with, learn from, and build friendships with along the way:
Cody McKibben —(that’s me!) professionally, I am a marketer, writer, business advisor, WordPress developer, and product launch consultant, among many other things. I’ve been a digital nomad going on 6 years, living across Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia, Chile, and Colombia, while operating my freelance web development business and writing at Thrilling Heroics, which eventually led to helping others build their own remarkable businesses that allow them to travel and live abroad, mentoring over 350 aspiring entrepreneurs inside Digital Nomad Academy, and helping develop brands like South East Asia Backpacker Magazine, SovereignMan.com, ChrisDucker.com, Untemplater.com, In Search Of Sanuk, TEDx BKK, and much more.
Amber Zuckswert is the founder of Epicself.com and The Center for Epic Living where we’ll be hanging out in Costa Rica, and the creator of a variety of e-products and e-courses. She turned to the Pilates method to stay in peak mind/body condition and injury free, and fell in love with Ashtanga and Iyengar yoga in college. Amber’s holistic nutrition studies span 10 years of Western Sports Nutrition, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Indian Ayurveda throughout high school and college. She’s extensively self studied in plant based nutrition, living “raw” foods and super foods, and is a certified holistic nutrition educator from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York.
Hani Khaursar has done it all — she enjoys many different creative pursuits from knitting to bookbinding, writing, photography and videography, and used to be a TV presenter and Actress in Malaysia. She is the creator of Blisscipline, a free subscription based website on the art of Self Mastery, and now works as a freelance content creator and contributor to several online websites like BaDoink, FinerMinds, and more as she and her partner have slow traveled through Barcelona, Berlin, Bogota, Kathmandu, Kuala Lumpur, Bali, and Puerto Rico.
Ashley Ambirge is the founder of The Middle Finger Project and House of Moxie, her creative agency run entirely from her Macbook as she’s been living around the globe in Chile, Barcelona, and Costa Rica. She developed a love for sales and marketing while working with Fortune 500 companies in Philadelphia, which she translated into her own brand copywriting company on the side, with a focus on helping other companies screw “business as usual”, and she continues to build TMFP into a growing no-bullshit community for entrepreneurs who roll their eyes at traditional tactics and want to learn fresh, original ways to scale their businesses into lethal sales weapons that no competitor can touch.
Matt Wilson is the co-founder of Under30Media. His passion for entrepreneurship began after leading Bryant University to becoming the world’s #1 Entrepreneurs organization… then after using social media strategies to land one of his properties, Under30CEO on MSNBC and BusinessWeek, he began building brands. After seven months abroad, Matt’s official title became Adventurer in Residence, heading up Under30Media’s travel company Under30Experiences.
You’ll have continued, dedicated time with both Amber and Cody throughout the week, and time mixing and mingling, learning from, and hearing presentations from these and many others…
Some of the Benefits You’ll Get from Teaming Up With an Ambitious Group of Peers Like This (Which Took Me YEARS to Cultivate on My Own):
- A Support Group to Ensure You Won’t Fail: by building relationships with a broader network of successful entrepreneurs and digital nomads who are living their lives the way you want to live your life, you are reinforcing your success and developing a peer group who will ensure you don’t backpedal, give up on yourself, or fail outright by offering you help when you hit challenges. As a member of our ongoing private, high-level MasterMind group with the other participants from this retreat, you will be accountable to your peers and to us, which will give you the external pressure to succeed.
- Access to Our Networks: as a participant in our tight group here in Costa Rica, you will get direct access to us and to our extended rolodex — anytime you need help with scaling your business, with design or technical setup, travel connections, and even overseas incorporation and expat tax help if necessary — we’ve got the people who can help offer you solutions. We’ll do everything possible to help you avoid wasting your time (or money) looking for the answers to problems that have already been solved… and we have a huge desire to help ensure your ongoing success.
- Lifelong Friendships: the biggest thing I am hoping to get out of this is to spend some exceptional time transforming my life with a few existing friends, and making new friends along the way too. Nothing builds amazing relationships like sharing a few hardships together, some fun and adventures, and having shared similar goals going forward. This will be an emotional and challenging experience for each of us involved, and in the end we will likely all be personally vested in each other’s success and freedom.
- Lessons from Years of Skin in the Game: of course you will also be welcomed into my private online community at the Digital Nomad Academy if you are not already a member, giving you access to a huge worldwide network of like-minded people, as well as in-depth training and case studies with dozens and dozens of my hugely successful friends from the guy who lives on beaches selling ebooks to the multi-million-dollar exit who never has to worry about working again.
- some of the great attendees hanging out after our first mastermind event
Here are just a few of the things people said after our first MasterMind in San Francisco, California:
“What prevents most wantrapreneurs from taking that next step is that they just don’t have the experience or know-how on how to approach a problem, and the San Francisco event gave people a first-hand look at how different entrepreneurs see the solutions from different angles. It also showed that you’re never in it alone — you’ll always have support from others if you just seek it out!“
“I’m so glad I attended Heroic SF! The atmosphere was very collaborative. I’m glad it was a smaller group because everyone really opened up with their ideas and springboarded off each other’s comments.
What I thought was really awesome is that it seemed like everyone could have kept going all day, no lulls, the energy stayed up the whole time. It would have been incredible to have a two day event, I’m sure that the flow would have kept going. Next time.
And the after party. That was out of control, I loved it. I really enjoyed talking to you and everyone who came out. I have to say I’m ridiculously shy so events are usually painful for me but this was fucking awesome.“
“Skill, strategies, and tactics are important but to really maximize your skills you need connections… attending an event like this can be the fastest, most direct way to build connections and learn from successful leaders.“
—Liz Marino, reviewing our HEROIC SF event
“I enjoyed breaking the barrier of the computer screen and meeting big-picture visionaries. Being on the road has disconnected me a bit from people, and I am reminded of the importance of forming mastermind groups. Establishing new connections and becoming aware of helpful resources was the golden take away for me from this meeting.”
And this is after just a one-day event! Imagine the results of a 7-day intensive experience hanging out on the beach and working together every day, not just with me but with a group of peers committed to similar goals.
Here is some feedback from a few of my mentees and colleagues I’ve worked with in-person for an extended period of time:
“Cody is the man. A true rockstar entrepreneur in every sense of the word… He has been a tremendous resource to me. …Here in Thailand, Cody McKibben has proven to be my contact, and in less than a week he has shown me incredible ruins, secluded beaches and introduced me to some awesome people…
…The more similar those around you are in goals and beliefs, the easier it will be to achieve the perfect work/life balance. In some ways I think the greatest balance I’ve achieved was when I was living in Thailand – mostly just due to the fact I was surrounded by people like David Walsh, Derek Johanson, and Cody McKibben on a daily basis. They are all trying to achieve similar things as me, so I could spend 12 hours a day working on my projects and I’d receive nothing but support.”
—Sean Ogle, Location 180.com
“Cody could not have been more helpful during my time working with him in Santiago, Chile. Creative, thoughtful, and responsive, he helped to expand my business, gain new clients, and implement effective internet marketing strategies that have increased my sales and revenue. An inspiration to work with.”
“[Cody has] provided me with an amazing amount of business knowledge, but lasting friendship as well. I can always count on him to provide me much needed insight, shake my paradigms and lend me a helping hand when in need. He’s much more than a business guru, he’s a personal advocate for those attempting to change the world!”
“Cody is a superhero. His excitement to share his wisdom about business, internet marketing and life helped me break through obstacles again and again over the past 4 months. If you want to escape your false constraints and live life on your own terms, you’d do well to listen to him.”
Connecting with others unlocks everything you want in life. I have been fortunate to have mentors of my own that, without them I probably would never have even started my web development business and gotten out of the cubicle… and they have opened up continuing opportunities to me…
And thankfully I’ve been able to give back by doing the same for many more on the road to a similar destination. That’s why I want to enable more real face-to-face connections and create a support network for anyone who wants to join us in this cutting edge new way of living — this new digital nomad movement.
If you’re ready to take your business to the next level, or if you are just taking the first steps toward starting a new lifestyle for yourself, I’d love for you to consider joining us for the first-ever Heroic Escape in Costa Rica this April…
An Epic Combination of a Mini Business Conference, a Wellness Retreat, and an Adventure-Packed Tour!
In addition to working on our businesses together, networking and coworking, and focusing on transforming our fitness and health a bit, we primarily hope to have a load of fun with everyone and build some new friendships.
I truly believe that forging strong bonds with other like-minded entrepreneurs, along with the accountability that comes along with and the opportunities it unlocks, is the key to growing a thriving business. I’ve seen it transform my life and my business, and I enjoy enabling that for others as well…
I want to connect with you and help start the same process of transformation in your life.
This will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience that we will share together… with a small, exclusive group of ambitious peers.
I’d love to see you there.
What’s Included with Your Tuition:
- 7 Days stay at Mango Moon Intimate Boutique Hotel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica (this is like 5-star living)
- 7 Days of amazing food, shakes, and snacks. You’ll have 2 healthy fresh organic raw meals prepared for you each day, with a focus on good quality ingredients that are best for our brains and our bodies
- Use of the Center for Epic Living facilities and hi-speed wifi every day
- Great expert guests and plenty of presentations/workshops
- Daily Vinyasa Yoga / Pilates classes available
- Guided meditation classes
- Jungle hikes, entry to the National Park, a trip to the nearby waterfalls…
- 1-on-1 time with Amber and Cody.
- Complimentary lifetime access to Digital Nomad Academy (over a $1,500 value!)
- Membership in our private, ongoing high-level MasterMind after the event for 3 months…
- Amber’s Breath, Posture and Your Six Pack Video Series and Detox Your Life E-Course
- Salsa dance workshop
- Nutrition and detox class
- A group paddle boarding or surf trip
- Shuttle bus transfer from San Jose airport to Manuel Antonio.
- Lots of fun and surprises!
- Dinners. (there are many options you can choose from nearby)
- You’ll have to book your own flights to Costa Rica. (You can get round-trips for about $500-600 from SF/NY/etc to San Jose, Costa Rica, here on Google Flight Search right now)
Join Us Sunday, April 6 – Saturday, April 12, 2014 in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Includes a non-refundable $500 deposit due to hold your place.
The value of spending so much time in close quarters, working directly with 15 or 20 like-minded entrepreneurs is priceless.
This will be a chance for all of us to supercharge our businesses, to encourage and support each other in our personal, lifestyle, and health goals, and overcome challenges and solve problems quickly.
With all the knowledge, skill, and experience we’ll bring together, it’s safe to assume someone will be able to help find a solution to any problems you’re facing in your business right now.
Together with the dedicated attention you’ll get from Cody and Amber and our other guest experts, it’s likely you’ll receive at least 10 hours of personalized attention from the team, not to mention ongoing support you’ll get from us after the event and your participation in our 3-month Private MasterMind group — easily over a $2,000 value in 1-on-1 coaching.
We’re not into overcharging for an authentic and transformative experience shared with friends. Our goal with this first Heroic Escape is simply to provide amazing value and, in the long run, to help ensure everyone builds or grows a sustainable, successful location-independent business.
There are plenty of business conferences and events these days cropping up, like SxSW and WDS, where you could easily end up paying at least $500 and up per day just to listen to some bigshot speak to you from the stage, again with little or no personal interaction. And that’s before shelling out for accommodation…
Instead, we want to give you the beautiful tropical beach getaway, the excursions and adventure, the reinvigorating detox, fitness and wellbeing retreat, the relaxation, the authentic travel experience led by a real local, the deep connections and friendship, the classes and workshops and 1-on-1 coaching… all under 2000 bucks.
We’re doing this just about at-cost so almost every single dollar will go to creating the most epic, mind-blowing, unforgettable experience we can for everyone, and you’re getting our time all day every day at a fraction of the normal cost because I truly want you to join us.
I honestly just want to do something incredibly special for my 30th birthday. I want to make some epic lifelong memories, share them with friends, focus on personal transformation, and help make the same changes for others.
I hope you’ll join us if you want to share in it too.
Sunday, April 6 – Saturday, April 12, 2014
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Total Tuition: $1,750 USD
Or if you prefer to find your own lodging, you can click below to join us for 7 days of events, meals, classes, excursions, EXCLUSIVE of accommodation, for just $950:
OR, reserve your seat with a $750 deposit and pay the remainder later:
All tickets include a non-refundable $500 deposit to reserve your place. Full tuition is due March 31st.
To creating a kick-ass life!
If you buy now, I will contact you within 48 hours of your purchase with more details. If you have further questions, want to purchase multiple tickets, or need to make multiple payments, then you can email me at cody %at% thrilling heroics %dot% com and I will be happy to help you.
We will gladly help you with organizing your logistics. For suggested airlines and other travel information click here.
Highly recommended accommodations in walking distance to The Center for Epic Living include: